Thursday, June 20, 2013

Dad's Day

We are so thankful for our hardworking and handsome Daddy! Sierra we love you so much. You put your family's needs ahead of your own (except during football season...kidding) and you always are thinking of ways to improve our lives...we are so blessed to call you "Daddy." We love you so very much!

Here's what we are gifting you on your special day:





I saw this idea on Pinterest (of course) and I should have looked for ideas about how to get two kids to sit still AND look at the camera. SIGH. Chocolate chips helped...however some pictures came out with chipmunk chocolate cheeks. Ha! We think Daddy will like this on his desk at work. It was a fun photo session to say the least. Riley was so helpful at bringing the chairs out with brother and returning them inside when we were "all done." 



Jackson sent his Grandpas these questionnaires. Lots of fun! We also made them some I Love You This Much hand cards...again, trying to get a busy toddler to keep her hand still so I can trace? What was I thinking? I told Jackson that Riley's cut out hand turned out a little creepy. I had to retrace and re-cut so it looked more like her hand and less like witch fingers.



We also made a new stepping stone--we have one from Jackson's prints at four months old. I wanted to make one last year when Riley was the same age but I had one hand and two kids...didn't work out. So here's our second stone to a garden path (someday)...Jackson is 4 years, 4 months, and Riley is 16 months. They both enjoyed decorating the stone and Riley said, "star" for the first time. 


And these on his feet next time he plays golf...maybe when he's 50 or something. 








Pre-school celebrated dads with a special breakfast and treats!

The kids helped make berry bars for breakfast, snacks, and dessert. Yum!

We are surprising him today after I prepare breakfast (which never happens on the weekends by me) with a quick trip to Temecula for some Ponte wine tasting and lunch...kid free. I figured breakfast and dinner with the family is good enough...Daddy and Mama need some adult time on this day! We're celebrating with Uncle Marco and Auntie Autumn and Mommy Nannette is on kid duty. 
Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there! xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this. We do the same pic each year, and both have been a complete train wreck. As you can see from our pics, Ella will not look at the camera to save her life.

    Have a wonderful day celebrating Father's Day today!!

    ReplyDelete