Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful




I think this has been the best year in the ten years Sierra and I have known each other. We are so thankful to be able to provide for our little loves and spoil them a little too much sometimes. It is too easy to buy them everything they want and need and forfeit the cute new shoes for yourself. We welcomed Riley Grace into our lives this year, were able to be a part of my brother Clint's wedding and sister Autumn's wedding, vacation in Maui, and recover from a really freakish fall onto a wine glass. Those severed tendons and over 30 stitches taught me a big lesson about slowing down and learning to rely on others even if they don't do it the way you like. Changing a baby in a hip harness with one hand became easier and easier as did the hand therapy visits as the scar tissue began to break up and my fingers began to move again. 

Today we feasted with our new relatives (officially) and gobbled up way too much. Riley had seconds. Jackson hardly ate his -- I think maybe the appetizers became his dinner. I love cooking so I made everything from beginning to end...until dessert, which I am so thankful for a new sister who enjoys this part of the meal. 







How did you spend Thanksgiving? I hope it was wonderful and filled with loved ones and of course, a turkey.














No comments:

Post a Comment