Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

















Jackson was about 6 weeks old last year on St. Patrick's Day. I remember taking him to Stroller Strides and making sure he had a little green on...just so he could lay in his stroller and sleep while I pushed him around and exercised.

A year later, he's almost running (he walks realllllllly fast) around on his own and enjoyed another gorgeous day in San Diego! He spent the day with his buddies at daycare -- he insists on hanging out with the "big kids" who are 2 1/2 to 5 years old. He REALLY likes to follow Connor (3 years old) around and is even on the "big kid" nap and play schedule. When I pick him up he's ready to go as soon as he sees me, and starts yelling "bye!" to everyone. He doesn't like it when I stay to chat because he wants all of my attention (sounds like his dad). We went to the grocery store for a few items ("balloon! balloon! nanas! nanas!") and then played in the yard. I sprayed him with some mist from the garden hose which he thought was hilarious. Biscuit and Abby enjoy Jackson now that he's able to play with them. He likes to throw his toys for them to chase.

Jack is taking one nap a day and the little guy is all tuckered out by 6:30 p.m. He becomes clingy and wants me to pick him up and then says, "bye!" and we begin the bedtime routine of saying good night to the fish, Da Da, the kitties, and his favorite toys. We call him "Mr. Independent" because he totally is...we are so lucky to have this little Irish blessing!


2 comments:

  1. awwww!!! i miss spending time with him!!! what are you guys doing this weekend??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun.Send him my love. Grammy

    ReplyDelete