Monday, February 18, 2013

One Year -- You Mean Vaccine(s)

Well it's always hard seeing your baby cry and especially when you know what is about to go down. Riley saw the nurse as we checked in and started to cry...

Then she cried when she was weighed (never fails)...


And after Dr. Upton declared she was: social, advanced, beautiful, had a nice round belly, as verbal as an 18 month old, healthy as can be, and can start eating everything (including cow's milk)...

Riley cried some more as the nurse poked her one, two, three, four times. Poor Baby!



But you know who didn't cry? Mama! That's a first! It all happened so fast!

She started smiling two minutes later when I told her I would give her milk. She walked out of the office one happy one year old...although her little legs did feel sore for two days and she was pretty sensitive to those tender spots.




Stats
Weight: 19.6 lbs. (50th percentile)
Height: 29 1/2" (60th percentile)
Head: 18 3/4" (90th percentile)

So once her cold is finally gone I will start to wean her daytime feedings. Nursing every two to three hours for a year is a tad tiring. But worth it. Yawn. I'll miss my constant Facebook updates, though. ;)

Baths helped bring her fever down. 

Resting with her buddies. Fever of 102. 

Brother makes it all better!






2 comments:

  1. You're so brave to take the crying baby pictures! I'm usually too distraught to take any or I feel like I won't want to capture that moment when my babies were upset but looking back those times are actually pretty precious!

    Riley's bed is FULL! I feel like Luke gets more and more stuffed animals in his each night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Update: Riley had a fever for five days and after our third trip to the doctor in 12 days, she has her first ear infection. We are happy she finally has antibiotics!! And...she cried on the scale (fully clothed) when the nurse announced her weight. Of course!

      Delete