Monday, February 18, 2013

Our Sweet Valentines



We spent Valentine's Day morning with heart shaped pancakes.


The kids received gifts from Mama and Dada -- new pajamas and St. Patrick's Day shirts. I found a V-Day gift for me hidden in Riley's seat and almost fell over in shock since Sierra remembered this holiday! Anything wrapped in a little blue box is always a treat!



We made Sierra a little picture for his office and gave him a new Starbucks travel mug. I know--we are soooooo romantic, right?


The day before Jackson shared his valentines with his friends at pre-school. We made play dough and put it in little heart tins I had leftover from another party. Since we only had a dozen of those, we also used some real Playdo and I found this cute tag on Pinterest (of course). Jackson signed his name 23 times...which took longer than packing these up. 




We remembered Jackson's teachers, too!
Since Riley was still recovering from her first real fever and cold (we had a lot of germs babies at her birthday party), I didn't know how long she would nap but put her down assuming she would be up in 1 1/2-2 hours so we could surprise Sierra at work. 


Thank you Aardappel family for my LOVEly outfit!

Well Sleeping Beauty slept for 3 1/2 hours and finally awoke to a packed lunch for the car. Jackson of course fell asleep as we drove down to Daddy's work...which meant we waited for him to wake up. I  texted Sierra to look out his office window and stood by my parked car with Riley and waved. Then we woke Jackson up and he swore he wasn't napping (right). Sierra met us and we spent some time at Petco's kiddie park and little baseball field. Jackson ran the bases at least 10 times and I pretended to throw balls to him. 




Our typical group shot--only one looking at the camera.


Still trying to figure out my camera settings.
 In the meantime, enjoy a silent video!






Auntie Laura made this cute hat for Ri. We LOVE it!
Laura shares the same birthday with Riley.




We invited Uncle Clint and Aunt Angela over for dinner last minute and enjoyed spending time with them on a day filled with love. They are newlyweds so their new love is fun to watch and remember those new love feelings...now we share our love with two babies. 
How did you spend the day of St. Valentine?



Cooked Play Dough
2 cups water
2 cups flour
½ cup salt
1 T cooking oil
2 tsp. cream of tartar
A few drops of food coloring
A dash of an essential oil, Vanilla, or Peppermint extract

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat on low until the mixture is absorbed. Stir a lot and pretty soon it will be the consistency of playdough—you’re done! Careful—let cool before the kids play with it! Store in a covered container. 




2 comments:

  1. So Cute! I'm always so amazed how quickly you can put a blog post together. I always keep a list of blog posts I need to write and then it takes a good while before I can actually get to it! Major procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I draft on the app while I feed Riley and then complete later. Or when really lazy just upload from my phone (some pix appear huge). Lol!! You have a good thing going! :)

      Delete